The following training is offered to academies:
Science curriculum review
- This session has a Secondary and Primary focus. This will involve a thorough look at curriculum, assessment and Schemes of Learning
Effective Science lessons
- Training to be offered to departments / Primary Teachers on structuring effective science lessons
- These are revision sessions for GCSE groups. Primary key experiments which can include: Heart dissections / rockets and STEM activities.
Hub CPD events
- 21st November, 8th January, 1st May
Bespoke training of teachers, including twilight Science training sessions
- Needs analysis carried out and working with groups of teachers to improve practice.
Bespoke Science leadership training
- Leadership training, peer reviews, QA of Science across schools.
Evidence gathering and action planning
Preparation for inspectionsAdditional support pre Ofsted visitsTeam teaching in Science to improve practice
- Science lead training that will develop action plans for school. to be carried out at every school
- Detail and dates to be announced